The Salvation Army Kroc Center MS Gulf Coast
The city that sits on the shores of the Mississippi Gulf Coast is known as Biloxi. Biloxi is the fifth-largest city in Mississippi and it is the home to The Salvation Army Kroc Center. One of the most visited tourist centers is the Salvation Army, let’s get at it.
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army is a worldwide evangelical movement that is part of the universal Christian Church. Their message and ministry are based on the Bible and motivated by the love of God.
The Salvation Army’s mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without regard for race or creed.
How The Salvation Army works
Volunteers of The Salvation Army help the mission and give employment opportunities, cure hunger, help disaster survivors, provide shelter, combat addiction, serve veterans, combat human trafficking, equip families, teach kids and overcome poverty.
– They assess the needs of each community they serve and work to understand the obstacles, and challenges that are specific to the population of the area.
– They create community-based programs that provide immediate relief, short-term care, and long-term development in areas where the community will benefit the most.
– They provide local programs to the community, working to improve their effectiveness through spiritual, physical, and emotional service.
About Kroc Center, Biloxi
The Kroc Center is a 52,000 square feet community center in Biloxi that provides recreation, education, and arts programs through a state-of-the-art facility for both local and metro-wide residents.
Features of the Kroc Center includes
– Pools, which include an exercise pool, a zero-depth entry, a lap pool, a splash pad, and a two-story waterslide.
– A multi-use facility that can be used for basketball, indoor soccer, volleyball, pickleball, and other sports.
– A full athletic field with a 1/4 mile track and visitor stands.
– Lobby for art and music exhibits
– A multi-purpose dining hall for Salvation Army and community events.
– An indoor aquatics center, a fitness center, and a chapel/performing arts center.
The Kroc Center is a beacon of hope and a catalyst for change in underserved communities, and there are approximately 26 Kroc Centers across the country.
The Salvation Army Kroc Center is located at the historic Yankie Stadium in the heart of the East Biloxi community. The address is 575 Division St, Biloxi, MS 39530, United States.
Should you find yourself in Biloxi, ensure to visit the Salvation Army Kroc Center.